Encoder

Michael F. Sargent MSargent at gallium.com
Fri Mar 8 17:42:15 GMT 1996

> if so, i have a newfound respect for the mtbf of most engines!

It's truely awesome. I have Toyoto truck with 235,000 Km on it. If we assume
an average speed of 100 KPH, thats 2,350 hours, or 141,000 minutes. If we
assume 2,500 RPM then that is 352,500,000 revolutions. In all of that abuse,
the only thing that has been changed in the engine is the head gasket.

I'm not trying to start a "mines better than yours" thread here. I am trying
to show that a DIY EFI project must be very reliable, or it will be a constant
problem in a daily driver. (And even worse problems in a boat or a plane.)

Mike