Encoder

Corey Cole colec at pr.erau.edu
Fri Mar 8 19:25:10 GMT 1996

On Fri, 8 Mar 1996, Kenneth C. King wrote:

> On Thu, 7 Mar 1996, dn wrote:
> > better off just buying an encoder.  Newark has 100 ppr units that look like
> > a pot for around $35, rated for 10,000,000 revolutions.
> greetings:
>   help me with the math...  10M revolutions at highway speed (2500 rpm) will
> be used up in 4000 min. (4000m * 2500r/m = 10Mrev)  that's about 66 hour, or
> about 5 days (straight), which at 60 mph is about 4000 miles.  did i do this
> correctly?  if so, i have a newfound respect for the mtbf of most engines!
>
> later,
> kc

Actually, wouldn't it be 8000 miles since the distributor runs at half
engine speed?  Still not a good number, but we might as well get the math
right.

 Corey Cole					colec at pr.erau.edu
 '65 Skylark
"Knowledge is power...but cubic inches help."		Go #24!!!!!

I was drunk the day my mom got out of prison
and I went to pick her up in the rain.
But before I could get to the station in my pick up truck,
she got runned over by the darned old train...
						David Allen Coe
						Steve Goodman