Fuel injector optimum location

ROCQUE Mike (MSMail) MRocque at shl.com
Fri Mar 8 23:11:57 GMT 1996

Hi, DIY'ers

I'm looking for some feedback on the optimal location of the injector on the
intake system. It's a high pressure (55PSI) system on a Honda VTEC 1.8 L
engine. It is used strictly for road racing. I'm also in the final stages of
building a mold for a carbon fibre intake and need to know where to put the
injector boss.

I have read contradicting reports on the location of the injectors. Is it
true that an injector mounted above the velocity stack ie outside the intake
system at the mouth of throttle body...also assuming it is mouted far away
to not reduce flow...that this will produce maximum power.

I'm not concerned with emissions or mileage......however I'm concerned about
hi pressure fuel on the atmosphere side of the system. What happens when I
shut the throttle quickly..and get some fuel run-on. etc..?

mike......

email mrocque at shl.com