Suzuki Swift GTi Twincam 1.3 (87)

Michael Fawke fawkacs at ozemail.com.au
Wed Mar 13 02:02:35 GMT 1996

At 08:28 AM 12/3/1996 MET-1, you wrote:
>I'm not into engine modification at all ,and I know this mail-list is
>a lot more hitech than I am. When that's said, I was just
>wondering if anybody has got some tips of parts (I've read about
>chiptuning!) I can easily modify or replace (Also the shops who
>supply them (I live in Europe)). If it demands special knowledge
>please tell me, or I'll probably ruin my engine.
>
>Thomas.

The GTI will gain absolutely _nothing_ from a chip change. In australia,
several of the companies in the 'chipping' market have got their fingers
burnt on GTI's by claiming up to 10Kw improvements. The biggest gain found
(by independant testing) was from advancing the ignition timing 2 degrees,
and it only gave couple of Kw above 7000rpm. The GTI engine is probably the
most highly tuned (as standard) car engine you will ever find.
Michael Fawke
fawkacs at ozemail.com.au