Long returns!!!

Darrell Norquay dn at dlogtech.cuc.ab.ca
Wed Mar 13 02:51:58 GMT 1996

> To those people that cut and paste two paragraphs from a previous listing,

Or worse, don't cut and paste at all...

> just to add one or two sentences, please quit.

Hear! Hear!  I second this comment, especially directed at those who do
not separate the reply from the body of the message.  Squinting through 3
screenfuls of previously read messages to find the one liner is BORING!

While we're bitchin, another pet peeve of mine is regarding line length.
Please limit line length on your editors to 60-70 columns to prevent the
one word every-other-line.  Also, ensure that your editor is set to put a
return char at the end of a line, my mail system crashes real good when it
receives an 1824 character line.

I hope this doesn't piss anyone off, it's not meant to.  Just have a little
consideration for the shrinking bandwidth on the Internet, and our poor
tired ol' eyes...

regards
dn

 Darrell A. Norquay              Internet: dn at dlogtech.cuc.ab.ca
 Datalog Technology Inc.         Bang: calgary!debug!dlogtech!darrell
 Calgary, Alberta, Canada        Voice: +1 (403) 243-2220
                                 Fax:   +1 (403) 243-2872
    @ +
     <
    __/    "Absolutum Obsoletum" - If it works, it's obsolete