EGT for mixture setting

TAR tratke at gpu.srv.ualberta.ca
Wed Mar 13 06:23:16 GMT 1996

  Interesting problem, I have an idea, it should produce acceptable
results, but you will have to compensate for the offset voltage produced
from the cold end of your thermistor not being @ 0C, this is not too
difficult.
  How about placing the cold end of the thermistor in the coolant stream,
preferable close to the thermostat?  It won't give extremely accurate
results, and it'll be way outta whack before the engine is warm, but the
output should be within +/- 50F. The output will undoubtedly be innacurate
as an absolute temp reading, how far off depending of course, on the
accuracy of your thermostat, but if you are just looking for peak EGT,
this should work. It sure would ease the problem of trying to maintain an
ice bath, which is not wholly practical for daily use.  Any feedback?

Todd-

From:	Todd Ratke				 e-mail:
	7304-83Ave			tratke at gpu.srv.ualberta.ca
	Edmonton, Alberta			   -or-