Alternate fuel EFI

Mark Boxsell mrb at mpx.com.au
Wed Mar 20 10:13:47 GMT 1996

At 09:40 AM 20/03/96 +1000, you wrote:

>Ford (Australia) offers an LPG conversion which uses the standard injectors
>(multi-point) to inject LPG. The injectors have a slot cut in the side of
>them and a second fuel rail fits over the outside. Liquid LPG comes from
>the tank and goes through the slot with unused LPG flowing out throught
>the normal fuel rail. I'm not quite sure how they do this last part....
>The standard ECU is shut down and a second ECU is used - developed by
>Inject Racing Developments (Melbourne, Australia). The overall package
>was developed by Tickfords Engineering, but most LPG conversion centres
>are now making this available.
>
>Michael Fawke
>fawkacs at ozemail.com.au

Michael,
                 Tickfords (and/or Ford) DO NOT SELL the Biocom system. The
system Tickfords sells
 is a normal mixer type deal. The people who took over Biocom (I can't
remember their name) had to redesign the ECU that Injec did because it
wasn't doing the job.
Ford (Australia) have tested the system at various times and have given
minor support.
I am not trying to give you a hard time however you should get your facts
right before broadcasting stuff that goes all over the world.

                        regards,
                                        Mark Boxsell
                                        MRB Design.