Blackbird

Markus Lien markus at cabler.cableregina.com
Fri Mar 22 07:24:24 GMT 1996

>        I remember reading an article on natural gas injection that was put
>in a 302cid Ford Mustang which, incidentally, utilized the FACTORY ECU. I
>think it was the April??(don't quote me on this) '95 issue of Muscle
>Mustangs and Fast Fords....

I talked to a fellow who used a bone stock 350 chevy with TBI and the stock
ECU and connected the LPG fuel line to it and it ran!! after about 10 minutes
the manifold plugged with ice, a port injection may have the advantage of
simply consuming any ice particles.

>        I also recall that the stated octane rating of the gas is
>130....could anybody verify this, and if so, why not run a 10:1 compression,
>bump the timing up a little, and run 10 psi of boost???(can't do that with
>gasoline). This seems to be a logical alternative to gasoline.  What's the
>cumbustion potential as compared with that of gasoline. It's a shame that
>such a useful petroleum product is usually burned of at the oil

I am running a 350 chev stroked to 383 with shaved 64cc heads, should yield
about 11:1 compression on propane and only have problems if I get stupid with
timing.  I am also running a cam which conserves cylinder pressure at low RPM.
I read in a subsequent message that single fuel is a better option, STRONGLY
agree, I doubt if my engine would run on pump gas without a knock sensor and
an electronic distributor.

>well.....Forgive me if these questions seem stupid...I'm only 20 yr old
>junior at Penn State majoring in Mechanical engineering and I hav'nt had the
>thermal engineering or heat transfer classes yet...
>                                        Gannon Kupko
>                                        gtk110 at email.psu.edu

no stupid questions, only un-answered ones!

                                        Markus