Multi Spark Ignition...

Michael F. Sargent MSargent at gallium.com
Tue Mar 26 23:43:33 GMT 1996

That's a Multiple Spark Discharge unit you probably saw. They are commercially
available from MSD and available at any speed shop. Since they sell for just
over $100, I wouldn't bother building one.

I have the marine version in my boat (MSD 6M-2). They don't burn out coils,
but replacing your coil with a strong aftermarket coild doesn't hurt. I used
the MSD potted high vibration part.

As for 40% increase in power ... bull****. Someone is really putting you on.
Either that or that S10 must have been just barely running.

On my boat I noticed a definate improvement in idle quality, and ease of
starting. It also no longer "loads up" when idling, and so I can transition
from a slow idle to full throttle without any stumble or hesitation.

However, there was no noticable difference in top end speed with the MSD in
place. A 40% increase would have resulted in the top end increasing by about
8 MPH (from 45 MPH to 53 MPH), but top end is still around 45.

Mike