Multi Spark Ignition...

Dave Williams dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us
Wed Mar 27 22:10:00 GMT 1996

-> What most people don't realise with the MSD is that (on a V8) over
-> about 4000 RPM, maybe less I can't remember the actual RPM, the MSD
-> becomes a "normal" single fire CDI.

 MSD tells you that up front.  Though for some reason people tend to get
all excited about it, it's no secret, and there's no real advantage to
multiple sparks over three or four thousand RPM, which is pretty hard
to do with a stock-type coil feeding eight cylinders.  It takes time to
charge and discharge the coil, you know.  You could go to a specially
wound coil, but since there's little advantage at high RPM anyway,
that's the province of expensive racing "engine management systems", not
$125 CDI controllers.

====dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us========================DoD#978=======
  can you help me...help me get out of this place?...slow sedation...
ain't my style, ain't my pace...giving me a number...NINE, SEVEN, EIGHT
==5.0 RX7 -> Tyrannosaurus RX! == SAE '82 == Denizens of Doom M/C '92==