4.3 multi-port fuel injection

john spears speartec at iquest.net
Wed Mar 27 22:59:42 GMT 1996

I've been observing the list for awhile, thought I'd through my $.02 in. The
4.3L CPI engine is a huge improvement over the TBI version. Although it only
uses one injector, the CPI design allows you to deliver the fuel where it
belongs and also allows for some nice manifold air tuning in the process;
thins you just can't do when you're carrying an A/F mixture. I've done about
three of these engines and have turned out well. What would be ideal is to
find a damaged one in the junkyard and get the manifold assembly for your
engine. I use the factory ECM on most of my projects as they are fairly
cheap and have all the bases covered. A little EPROM programming to cover
your specifics and you're on your way!

               John Spears
       Speartech Fuel Injection Systems