Multispark stuff and other thoughts

Edward Hernandez R ehernan3 at ford.com
Fri Mar 29 15:10:36 GMT 1996

"My biggest interest would be to find a system that would allow me to
fire my EFI HO Ford motor on a waste spark system. I've been told by
a guy here that he's done this using some weird rotor out of another
Ford application that would fire the opposing cylinders."

Ford's waste spark system is distributorless, so your friend is 100%
BS. Why would you want to fire two plugs at once if you have the new
Accel system which is a single coil system? That would fire the coil
twice as often and would give you no benefits but would definitely
drop your spark energy!

Ed Hernandez
Ford Motor Company
ehernan3 at ed8719.pto.ford.com