Independent cylinder knock control

Jim Pearl JVP at qsi.com
Sun Mar 31 23:53:50 GMT 1996

Would like to know more about these meters. Worse comes to worse I'll
purchase a set of LEDS and a an IC to drive them. As for mounting it to the
lower engine - this is a 5.0 Ford - no "stock" mounting boss exists.. I've
got a 351W n the stand - I'll examine it and look for likely spots but I'm
betting there won't be an easy one. Duttweiler told me to use the back of
the head and provided a block of threaded aluminum to assist me in bolting
it up, I used the front of the head on an accessory stud. I'm not running
much advance and it does retard - pulling it off allows knock - rock and a
hard place I guess. This is why I want to monitor it - to try and get an
idea as to how much false knock it's getting. DFI provides no adjustment to
the sensitivity and no way to monitor it save through a laptop. I'm tempted
to buy one of the "boxes" available to monitor it but they're not cheap and
I'm fairly certain their simple inside...