EEC-IV Questions

JON RICHARD HERR jherr at nmsu.edu
Wed May 1 19:37:41 GMT 1996

On Thu, 11 Apr 1996, Edward Hernandez wrote:

> "To the best of my knowledge, there were no sensor and/or actuator
> failures that would cause this condition."
>
> A couple years ago, I calibrated some operating modes for the Mark
> VIII so it would run without the MAS hookedup. I'm trying to remember
> if we actually called it a limp-home mode or just a failure manage-
> ment mode. Now that I think about it, I wound't really call that a
> full limp home mode. It was more like a limp-without-the-MAS-mode,
> something we needed in case the MAS broke or someone forgot to
> hook it up after changing the air filter. What's the s/w?

I have a question pertaining to the ford EEC-IV.  Does it support real
time data output of sensor readings in any fashion?  I don't want to use
a break-out box, and I would suspect that this sort of function would be
desireable but I have not had any luck in getting a definitive yes or no
as to the EEC-IV's true capablilies.

Thank You,
Jon Herr  (jherr at terametrix.com)