NTK UEGO

robert dingli r.dingli at ee.mu.OZ.AU
Fri May 3 01:34:10 GMT 1996

Fred writes,

> BTW I heard a while back (maybe on this list) that the Honda UEGO was
> optimized for the lean range. After all, that is what they are using them for.
> Also I think Robert Dingly mentioned that NTK made 3 versions of the
> UEGO - rich, lean, and wide band.

The NTK UEGO (which I use on our research engine) has a separate control /
interface module which gives a not_quite_linear 0-5V output.  While the sensors
are all the same, the interfaces come in three ranges, rich (~10-15:1),
normal (~12-30:1) and lean (~14-50:1).  While the lean unit would have
suited my work better, it was out of stock in Australia and had a 3 month
lead time.

The sensors are calibrated at the factory and are supplied with a 'calibration
resistor' as part of the connecting wiring.  Thus any sensor can be used with
any controller without individual calibration.  I have swapped sensors in the
past and didn't notice any difference in the outputs.

The NTK rep said that this sensor is different to the one Honda use and that
the Honda one isn't available here since that version of the car isn't sold
here.  :-(

I pulled the lid off the NTK controller and was glad that I didn't bother
to make one myself.  It's a complex little critter and for AUD$750 it is
not worth making them in small quantities.

The sensor # is TL-7111-W1 5914-152 and the controller TC6000 05452.

regards,
Robert

    Robert Dingli   r.dingli at ee.mu.oz.au
Power and Control Systems    (+613) 9344 7966
Thermodynamics Research Labs (+613) 9344 7712
     University of Melbourne, AUSTRALIA
**  he who dies with the most toys, wins  **