Variable Cam Timing, etc...

Timothy Coste tlcoste at mtu.edu
Tue May 7 21:31:39 GMT 1996

This isn't anything real helpful on how to do this, but I could of
sworn I remember researching several articles that were at least
from the mid to early eighties, if not earlier, on using solenoid
operated valves...at least in a research project.  I know power
draw was a major concern but I remember that durability was at
least as big a concern as power draw or anything else.  Has
something changed in the last decade, or is it not as big an issue
as I remember it being?  I do like (and could swear I'd heard of
it somewhere before) the half-open idea.  More solenoids but each
is a lot less worked (more durable and less power) than one big
solenoid.  Novel approach.  Guess I'll have to try and look up
the old articles.  I think it was for a senior design project
now that I'm thinking about it more.

   Tim Coste
   tlcoste at mtu.edu