Injector controller (attached)

Charles cmorris at ix.netcom.com
Wed May 8 00:53:03 GMT 1996

    I got many responses asking for the info... it's attached to this
e-mail. This was a "quick-and-dirty" design, so it is not very
user-friendly or adjustable. OTOH, most of you seem to know which end
of a soldering iron to hold ;)
    If I get time (changing job and city soon), I'll do a revision with
an oxygen sensor input and a temp sensor. I figured that since the air
is pretty hot after compression anyway (even with the intercooler), it
might be a little rich on a very hot day, but this doesn't cause much
power loss according to various sources. Plus the extra fuel will help
suppress detonation. My car also doesn't have an O2 sensor (early
L-Jetronic), so that's another reason not to go closed loop.
    Anyway, feel free to use this as a starting point. The pressure
sensor is an OMEGA PV139 series (0-30 psig, 0.5-4.5 volt output) which
costs about $48. Everything else is cheap. The transient suppressors
are 1.5KE33 (33 volt) on the breadboard, but these are unnecessarily
large, and now that I think about it, won't fit the pads I selected!
Use a P6 series instead (also 33 volt).
-Charles

[Contents, fuelinj.zip, deleted due to length. I've placed the
entire post on

ftp://efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu \
/pub/diy_efi/reader_contributions/inj_controller_cmorris at ix.netcom.com

(line broken for clarity) -- jsg]