Bosch ECU Schematic for 1981 BMW 528i

michael glidewell glide at shore.net
Fri May 17 19:23:44 GMT 1996

At 09:10 AM 5/13/96 -0600, you wrote:
>Hi Michael
>
>He has no schematics.  I have not found anyone with schematics of the ECU.
>Bosch will not realease the schematic, and I haven't found anyone that has
>created them.
>
>what are you trying to do with the schematic?
>
>Werner

Werner:

Being a EE I look to EFI electronics where I might be able to improve things
without major cost impact.

I wonder if it would be possible to turn the L-jet into a multiport
injection system by firing each injector individually and possibly improve
the city fuel consumption (its 12+ mpg). Or maybe I could bring out some of
the parameters and adjust for max performance/ economy. Maybe I could
repalce with a microprocessor and and do more calculations per second
resulting in  smoother idle/ economy or performance. I guess I can't leave
things well enough alone also.

Michael Glidewell       Boston, Massachusetts	glide at shore.net
KE1CP     BMW 528i      BMWCCA 		http://www.shore.net/~glide/