DIY_EFI Digest V1 #143

talltom talltom at teleport.com
Sat May 18 11:00:10 GMT 1996

>------------------------------
>
>From: James Weiler <james at brc.ubc.ca>
>Date: Fri, 17 May 1996 16:02:35 -0700 (PDT)
>Subject: KE-jetronic closed loop
>
>Hello everyone.  A recent discusion has prompted me to ask how an oxygen
>sensor feeds back on a mechanical injection system?  Does it contol a
>fuel pump relay that alters the pressure?  It makes sense how feedback
>works on an electronic system by altering the pulse width of the
>injectors.  But there is no pulse width in a CIS system.
>
>Thanks to anyone who can educate me
>
>james at brc.ubc.ca(james wieler)

AAAhhhhaaaa!! Finally! Something comes across this list that I know about!
This is revenge for he phlogistin theory of electronics!(insulation is
to keep the smoke from leaking out.)

  They have this gizmo called a warmup regulator that has about a million
levers, valves, diaphrams, vents, and non vents, and a bi-metal spring which
is sometimes electricaly heated. All of which effect "control pressure" in
the fuel distributor where there a milion more teensy little parts finely
machined to millionths of an inch so that the first little bit of wear or
corrosion sends you sniveling to the parts dealer begging for mercy.
  Anyhow, the more control pressure ya got the less fuel you're gonna git,
so the trick becomes to remanufacture springs in warm up regulator to your
application change vents around and piddle until you get the pressures right
all the way around.
 And there is too a pulse in a cis system, it starts when the key is turned on,
and quits when it is turned off.

I don't really think you deserved this much of a smart ass answer, it's just
that I'm
pissed that I don't know what you guys are talking about most of the time.