O2 Sensor Open/Close Loop

Todd Knighton knighton at net-quest.com
Wed Nov 13 05:28:15 GMT 1996

RABBITT_Andrew at mv8.orbeng.com.au wrote:

> >Therefore, on multi port fuel injection systems with higher
> >pressures, the WOT A/F is very close to stoichiometric.  In fact,
> >some newer vehicles (1996) do not go to open loop during WOT!
>
> given the above, I find this (very) hard to believe, however if you
> can quote sources, I'd be interested.

Andrew,
	I had read an article a while back in reference to Mercedes maintaining
closed loop operation all the way to full throttle on some fo the newer
OBDII stuff.  They lost a little bit of power but were able to achieve
some kind of "Green" standard.
	Sounds kind of scary to me dealing with an air cooled world.

Todd Knighton
Protomotive Engineering