OBDII Specs?

Mike Fahrion mfahrion at bb-elec.com
Wed Nov 13 14:23:02 GMT 1996

> Is there a nettable place that lists the obd-II specs?  Wondering how
> hard it would be to add the logging/whatever OBDII might provide...

I don't know about net availability, but I believe that SAE HS-3000
is the document that contains the collection of specs that make up
OBDII.  Its about 200 pages and if I recall was fairly cheap from SAE
(check out their web site).  I would email someone there for
confirmation that it is what you want before purchasing though.  The
preface mentions an effort by ISO to create a parallel spec, which
leads me to think it won't be available at no cost (past experience)
although you'd think since a gov agency is involved....

Looks like a lot of potential in OBDII for DYI'ers.

-mike
mfahrion at bb-elec.com