Electrohydraulic Camless Valves

tom cloud cloud at hagar.ph.utexas.edu
Wed Nov 13 14:23:27 GMT 1996

>There was a thread a few months ago about electrically controlled valves.
>

>The November 7 issue of MACHINE DESIGN magazine has an article about Ford's
efforts in that direction.  The article claims they can operate 16 valves
with 125 watts plus some hydraulic power..

>The concept is elegant.  My complements to the designers.
>
>With a small electric blower on the intake manifold they should be able to
do away with the electric starter,  No cam shaft or gearing is needed.  The
battery size can be reduced.

How does that do away with the starter ?

Tom Cloud <cloud at peaches.ph.utexas.edu>