O2 Sensor Open/Close Loop

Markus Strobl eusmsrt at exu.ericsson.se
Wed Nov 13 22:10:22 GMT 1996

> Here is some data that shows newer vehicles stay in closed loop at WOT.
>
> The vehicle tested is a 1997 GMC 2500 P/U with a 5700 Vortec V-8.  I
> logged MAP, RPM, TPS (0= closed, 400= WOT), and O2 volts.  You can see
> the sensor voltage toggles all the way through WOT points.

Yep, sure looks like it stays in closed loop. However my 1996 Camaro Z28
(5.7l SFI V8) disregards O2 sensor voltage at WOT. During WOT the O2
is at 890-930mV and never goes below 880.

-------

Markus Strobl      96 Z28 6M Black.  Borla, 1LE shaft, B&M shifter, SFC
                   17" speedlines, 1.6 rockers, home-ported heads, 4.10
Dallas, Texas      gears, Swaybars, Crane Valve Springs, STB, BFG 275:s