O2 Sensor Open/Close Loop

Todd Knighton knighton at net-quest.com
Thu Nov 14 04:13:48 GMT 1996

Now, Todd K. says that he regularly uses the
> EGO to help him tune his vehicles (that is what you said, isn't it,
> Todd?)

	The unit we use is from Motec and uses the 4 wire Bosch probe.  It
seems to be very acurate from it's 11/1 to 23.5/1 on pump fuel stuff.
We ran it agains a UEGO sensor for backup.
	An interesting note:  We've experienced the O2 sensor readings changing
under pressure and read something of the sort in some paper.  We
primarily deal in turbocharged vehicles and this can be a problem.  We
always place them after the turbochargers so as to not affect the
readings under boost.  The Motec unit seems pretty unaffected, though a
typical 3 wire unit reading on a Halmeter will change a couple of
points.

Todd Knighton
Protomotive Engineering