Lambda Readings

Doug Robson doug at cia.com.au
Wed Nov 20 00:49:16 GMT 1996

Mazda Ebrahimi wrote:

> Doug Robson wrote:
> >
> > Hi All
> > is the relationship between lambda and A/F always 14.7 or is there some
> > sort of relationship, because on the weekend i adjusted the fuel table
> > in my race car down fro L.95 to L.9 and it felt like a 10% power drop
> >
> > ??
> >
> > also does the 4 wire Heated ($350) sensor do the temp correction or does
> > the ecu do it
> >

> 14.7 only produces good power if you have excellent air / fuel mixing.  As others have
> commented, theoredically you should get more power going slightly rich, because the
> vaporization of the extra gasoline should cool the charge down.  Here are a couple of
> questions that come to mind:
>         Does the system currently run open loop?  If so, when you have A/F set to 14.7,
> have you verified stoichiometric operation by monitoring an O2 sensor or CO reading?
> Maybe the problem is that in case of the open loop system there is an inherent error in
> the air mass calculation.
>
>         How sure are you about your A/F cylinder to cylinder?

Now im really confused
My lambda number comes from Autronic SMC ecu
the program allows users to choose A/F type input or O2 exhaust input.
the out put is always a number like A/F 12-15 ish. and i divide mine by
14.7

I cant gaurantee the individual a/f except to say that the plugs all
look very similiar
The same sensor ( literally) is used by a friend in a mote m4pro system
and works fine

it sits 1 foot after 4 -2 1 collector

how do i verify the a/f on the way in?? is that what you mean

regards

--
|			When I die, 				|