Air Flow Measurement

Stephen Dubovsky dubovsky at vt.edu
Wed Nov 20 18:03:28 GMT 1996

>>I think if most people who swear by MAF had a reference airflow
>>measurement to compare it to, they'd be horrified!

Ok, so go buy a $90 vane/rotating type meter that is 1-2% accurate and get a
curve for your MAF to linearize it.  Heck, take the throttle body off the
car (w/ the intake plumbing intact), put the vane sensor on a pipe at the
output (to make the flow even and laminar) and stick the whole thing out the
window of you car and take some data points;)  Should be really easy to find
a 2nd,3rd,...nth order approx to linearize the sensor (or use yet another
LUT (look up table) for the computationally challenged).