Air Flow Measurement

George Najarian najay at deltanet.com
Wed Nov 20 18:06:18 GMT 1996

On Wed, 20 Nov 1996 01:06:52 -0600, Robert McElroy wrote:

>The main reason I don't want to use an existing MAF sensor is that I don't have one
>to play with.  Also, I am under the impression that most heated-wire MAF's output
>a frequency signal.  Since I am a mechanical engineer and don't have much knowledge
>when it comes to A/D conversion techniques, I would prefer to use a sensor that will
>output a voltage signal (something I am slightly familiar with.)

The Ford (Hitachi) MAF output a voltage and can be bought new for
~150-~200 or so. Used ones go for considerably less.

George Najarian	    | '95 Ford Mustang GTS E/SP (14.21/100.81)
najay at deltanet.com  | '86 Ford Mustang GT Convertible (15.0/93)
http://users.deltanet.com/~najay/
Team.Net        Team OS/2