Electromotive TEC-II?

William A. Sarkozy mymove at serv01.net-link.net
Thu Nov 21 02:49:16 GMT 1996

At 11:00 PM 11/19/96 -0800, you wrote:

>Perhaps this is not truly diy, but...
>
>I autocross a 1.8 liter Mazda Miata. I am allowed by the rules I run under
>to replace the entire intake and exhaust systems, but not to modify
the..........

I run a ACCEL/DFI and have had very good luck.  My friends run Haltech and
have had very good luck.  I've heard some people talk down the ElectroMotive
system, but I have no direct experience with it.  With these modern systems,
there's no reason to switch induction systems to meet emissions standards.
Both the Haltech and the DFI can run in closed loop mode for the emissions
test, and then you can load a new program for the track (probably open
loop).  I can't speak for the Haltech, but the DFI has all kinds of bells &
whistles for AC compressor loading, knock sensor input, relay contact
closure for nitrous, etc.   Good luck,

       Bill