EFI for 350 Chevy

SRavet at bangate.compaq.com SRavet at bangate.compaq.com
Mon Nov 25 20:17:49 GMT 1996

OliverH750 at aol.com Wrote:

| Hello all,
|      Are there any GM EFI experts out there?  I would like to convert my
'85
| Chery truck to EFI.  I have a complete system from a 90 Chevy Truck with
| 305.  I also have parts from a 454 Chevy truck.  I want to use the 454
| Throttle body with the 305 controls.  Am I going to need a 350 chip, or
maybe
| some 350 sensors?  Is there a difference in size of the throttle bores
| between the three engines?  Any help you could provide would be
appreciated.
|  Thanks in Advance.
|
| Oliver Harris

If you want to stay stock, the best way by far to do this conversion is to
buy an engine complete from the scrap yard, including the computer, engine
harness, all sensors, charcoal cannister, fan, *everything*.  Then put that
dude into your truck.  I'm replacing the 2.8L V6 that came in my S-10
blazer with 5.7L V8 from a '91 Caprice.  I got the whole
engine/transmission assembly.  I'm in the middle of the wiring right now,
and believe me, it's a lot easier to have the whole thing that to try to
adapt one wiring harness to another engine, etc.  When I add EFI to my
other car, I'll do the same thing.  Then I'll plug in my own CPU/etc when
I'm ready for the "DIY" part.

Steve Ravet
sravet at bangate.compaq.com
Baby you're a genius when it comes to cooking up some chili sauce...