Piggy-back control

Tuck sldbrass at infi.net
Mon Nov 25 20:05:12 GMT 1996

Has anyone done any work on using a piggyback computer that would intercept
and modify things like injector pulse width and ignition timing?  I know
this is the way the PFS PowerTrain Management Computer works on the third
generation RX-7's, and I'm interested in wither designing and building a
similar system for my  car, or purchasing an off-the-shelf solution.  I
don't see any reason why a generic control system couldn't be designed
expressly for that purpose, something that would only require a different
harness to work with a different EFI computer.

Justin "Tuck" Cordesman
SOLID BRASS-> Global Conquest is a Career Goal.

"So what if it hurts?  That's just one more way of telling myself that
nature hasn't kicked my ass yet."
		-Tuck