Air Flow Measurement

RABBITT_Andrew at mv8.orbeng.com.au RABBITT_Andrew at mv8.orbeng.com.au
Tue Nov 26 01:47:02 GMT 1996

>Thank you for your feedback, very interesting reading, but of course
>I now have other questions/comments.

thanks too, your input is much appreciated!

>>The response to a step increase is faster than a step decrease in
>>airflow.  This means that if you have pulsating airflow, the signal
>>is skewed upwards, including the average.
>
>Ok, I though about it alot, and finally talked to all of my ME/ESM
>buddies and none of us can think of why this happens.

I'm still trying to get my head around why this is so.  Take a look at
SAE paper # 880561 - 'Frequency Domain Characterisation of Mass Air
Flow Sensors'.  It illustrates this point well including some
experimental examples.  As I said though, the theory behind it is
still fuzzy in my brain.  If you can shed some light on it I'd be
extremely grateful.

Andrew Rabbitt