Air Flow Measurement

RABBITT_Andrew at mv8.orbeng.com.au RABBITT_Andrew at mv8.orbeng.com.au
Wed Nov 27 00:47:01 GMT 1996

>Also, a while ago I read (somewhere) about a flapper system being
>tested for introduction on some Cadillac engines.  Each intake runner
>would have a flapper in it (near the intake valve) that prevented
>flow from comming back into the plenum.

Alfa Romeo have experimented with reed valves in the inlet ports,
similar to that described here.  They were using it to improve the
torque characteristics allowing the use of wilder cams.  They have a
couple of patents covering this and have written one or two SAE papers
describing their work.  Sorry, can't quote references right now.

Andrew Rabbitt