A thought...

Thor Johnson johnsont at falcon.mercer.edu
Wed Oct 2 23:34:36 GMT 1996

On Wed, 2 Oct 1996, Chuck Tomlinson wrote:

> If you can find a solid PC BIOS that boots in less than a second, I'd be
> interested in it.

  I bought an industrial file server (386dx-16) from Texas Microsystems
at a computer swap meet (hey, a 16ga case w/10 bays & 14 slosts for $100 ;).
It uses the "B386 Industrial Bios" that has a  "fast Boot" option.  Takes
about 4 secs from power on to Dos prompt (if I abort the bootup w/F5).

I hope this helps, but feel free to ask me any other questions about this....

                Thor Johnson
       johnsont at falcon.mercer.peachnet.edu
   http://falcon.mercer.peachnet.edu/~johnsont

         Have you seen the WarpMap lately?