A thought...

dzorde at aesprodata.com.au dzorde at aesprodata.com.au
Thu Oct 3 01:40:47 GMT 1996

     I have tried using a sounblaster for sampling, and believe me it was
     less than ideal for low frequency stuff, and its very sensitive to
     noise.  We tried using it for noise cancellation system in a car, and
     it just didn't work for those very low road noises you get.

     Anyway, I just saw a writeup on a PC/104 card from DGE Systems PTY
     LTD.  Takes 586, 486 DX2 and DX4, so you can use the 120MHz 586.  Uses
     only +5V since it has a built in 3.3V regulator.  Size is 90x96mm.
     Has two RS232 ports, one which can be converted to RS485.  Has
     parallel port configured as Centronics, mouse, keyboard and speaker
     ports.  Standard PC interrupts, DMA controllers and timers.  No price
     mentioned.

     Hope this is of interest.

     Dan        dzorde at aesprodata.com.au