MAP

tom cloud cloud at hagar.ph.utexas.edu
Thu Oct 3 14:13:47 GMT 1996

>I've trying to work out how to build a map sensor.
>
>Try this on your brains:
>
>Put a tiny hole in the manifold, and connect that to one of the Honeywell
miniature MAF sensors, and work out MAP by MAF through the tiny restriction.

>Seems to work for me (till the hole gets blocked!), so any comments welcome.
>
>The sensor is about $90, good specs, but its MAF range is measured in SLM..
anybody know what SLM is?

>Mark

If you'll look only a week or so back, you'll find a thread (I think
started by me-self) that resulted in several suggestions.  If you
can't find it, I'll look (I printed it and put it 'somewhere' for
future reference).  The sensor is off-the-shelf, is available from
Newark for about $25.

Tom

Tom Cloud <cloud at peaches.ph.utexas>