MAP

atsakiri at ford.com atsakiri at ford.com
Thu Oct 3 14:11:16 GMT 1996

> Put a tiny hole in the manifold, and connect that to one of the =
> Honeywell miniature MAF sensors, and work out MAP by MAF through the =
> tiny restriction.

Seems like a lot of effort to go through for a pressure measurement.
Won't the mass flow be related to the pressure ratio across the
orifice.  You still have an unknown quantity, the pressure on the
side of the orifice opposite the manifold.

Two other things come to mind.  If the flow is choked, you won't
get an accurate answer.  It creates a manifold leak.

> SLM.. anybody know what SLM is?

SLM might stand for standard liters per minute, standard referring
to standard temperature and pressure.  Interesting way to spec a
_mass_ flow meter.

Anthony Tsakiris