Hot cam injection volume changes

Arnaldo Echevarria aec at ao.net
Thu Oct 3 17:39:40 GMT 1996

>I just got my '70 302 Ford running with the Holley Projection 4DI ECU.  This
>is a batch fire MAP system.  The cam is a high lift (.550"), medium duration
>(224 at 0.050"), hydralic roller from Crane.  The system indicates that at
>least a -50% correction is required at idle, 700RPM, to get the mixture
>correct if the stock 302 look up table is used.  The injection volume table
>is based on RPM and MAP signal.

How do you like it? Is it what they play it up to be?  Which one did you get
(45/65/85 lb/hr?)

I'd really appreciate it if you could tell me
1. What kind of fuel pump do they use (gallons/hr)
2. Does it come with a fuel filter
3. Does it use a adjustable fuel press regulator, and if so, at what psi.
4. Does the software come with a couple of fuel maps
5. Does it fire all of the injectors, even at idle?

The reason I ask all of these questions to you or anyone who may know is
because I'm thinking of using the 4DI throttle body ($400) to build my
own efi system. I'm pretty sure the throttle body comes with the fuel
injectors and throttle position sensor.  All I'd need to buy is:

1. Fuel pump / pressure regulator ($150)
2. map/egr/water sensors ($100)

I know that's a little pricey considering that the whole system can be bought
for $1200, but this is something I've been wanting to do for a long time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Arnaldo
aec at ao.net