No Subject

Mark Pitts saxon at zymurgy.org
Fri Oct 4 10:12:22 GMT 1996

Its something like the rom needs to be on a page boundary in the top 384 =
k and start with AA55 or 55AA, I can find out if anybody wants to know.
Thinking about it, to find out where to put proms, look in Cmos, and =
find out which bits you are allowed to shadow. Those addresses that are =
allowed in cmos, are a good place to put proms!
Check out a book called Interfacing to the IBM PC published by sams, =
last checked out of print, and stolen from every library I can find! =
(but I do have a friend with a copy).

Mark

Thor Johnson wrote:

Note however, the BIOS is designed to look for additonal ROMs to execute =

(like on the VGA card).  I don't know which adresses, but if you put =
your=20
program there, the bios will have setup the bus, and then pass control =
to=20
you.  Whether or not you give it back is your decision ;)

                Thor Johnson