MAP sensor, etc

Todd King Todd_King at ccm.co.intel.com
Tue Oct 8 15:40:13 GMT 1996

  <<<   From: "Chuck Thigpen" <cthiggy at gulf.net>
  Date: Mon, 7 Oct 1996 07:37:05 +0000
  Subject: Air Pressure Transducer
  Does anyone know of a source for a fairly low cost Air Pressure
  Transducer that measures positive and negative gauge pressure?
  It doesn't have to measure extreme pressures.  I'm looking for a
  transducer that will measure boost pressures of up to 30 psi and
  vacuum down to - 14.7 psi.  It would also be helpful if the
  transducer was linear in measurement.  Any help on any transducers>>>

  The GM 3 bar MAP sensor is about $50 from the "discount" GM parts
  dealers; I use it to log boost on the turbo Regal. Call 'em up,
  order one and you're good to go!

  <<<cheaper, etc., etc.)  but it's B-I-G !  it's got connectors (the
  bane of any high rel app).  it's got so damm much VLSI ASIC's it's>>>

  We have a test facility called HALT (Highly Accelerated
  Lifecycle Testing) that shakes, heats, freezes, etc the system
  boards until failure is observed. The operator I speak with often
  expresses his amazement at how far the boards have to be pushed
  before failure occurs. Oscillatory excursions of several inches
  p-p for a board with add-in cpu cards, mem card (and IDE, SCSI
  connecters) hanging on for dear life is not uncommon.

  <<<   So all these autos in the films is fairly accurate then... what
  do you guys out there in DIY EFI land prefer? (Manual or automatic
  transmission)   >>>

  Well for turbo apps the automatic is a better choice (IMO) for full
  throttle acceleration, at least for keeping the turbo singing happily
  along during the shifts...

  Todd  Todd_King at ccm.co.intel.com