FW: FW: DIY Traction Control?

Stephen Dubovsky dubovsky at vt.edu
Tue Oct 8 15:41:23 GMT 1996

>     I know dropping random cylinders is the way used to limit RPM and
>     regain traction, etc.  But I dread everytime I hit the rev limiter in
>     the Chev, it feels like someone is trying to tear the engine out from
>     under the bonnet.  And there is a similar feeling in the newer sports
>     cars (ie. relatively powerful cars).  Is this normal ??

  The revlimiter in my 83 911 doesn't seem to have this 'problem'.  I
believe it pulls spark (but not fuel) and does not sound terrible when Im
against it.  My FZR600 motorcycle pulls spark and it doesn't sound bad
either (sort of like a lean misfire) although its tough to tell when it
comes in at 11500 rpm (engine is sort of loud at that point;)  It mostly
feels like you hit a brick wall; your hanging on for dear life and all of a
sudden your acceleration goes to zero.  Kinda wants to throw you over the
handlebars;) You try not to use it too often;)
SMD