Using PC HW (& Ignition timing reference points)

Thor Johnson johnsont at falcon.mercer.edu
Tue Oct 8 20:44:05 GMT 1996

On Tue, 8 Oct 1996, tom cloud wrote:

   ..[Mucho good stuff deleted]...

> Now, understand, I really haven't thought about perzactly how to do all
> these things.  Just wondering if anyone else has.  It is my experience
> that being too much the purist (i.e. a hacker / fanatic trying to make
> the confuser doo it all) puts you way up on the diminishing returns curve,
> when the most expeditious (isn't that a new Ford product?) approach would
> seem to be to use any and all tricks to get what we want.  [Now, if what
> you want is to play wid da cornfuser, so be it.  As I've said before, I
> wanna D-R-I-V-E !]

 Well put!  I have seen both extrems of design in IEEE hardware contests
(one design was *completely* analog -  to reprogram, change resistors), &
I think that there is a lot to be sair for a hybrid design.  It is
amazing what one can do with a R & a C & a CMOS gate!

                Thor Johnson
       johnsont at falcon.mercer.peachnet.edu
   http://falcon.mercer.peachnet.edu/~johnsont

         Have you seen the WarpMap lately?