Volume of fuel injected

Jason Walters jasonw at teleport.com
Tue Oct 8 21:45:07 GMT 1996

tom cloud wrote:

> >Here's my problem.  I'm trying to calculate the volume per burst for a
> >typical fuel injector.  I've downloaded some specifications, but I'm at
> >a loss to break them down.
>
> why wouldn't you fire it 100 or 1000 times into a graduated cylinder
> and divide the volume by that number??
>
> Tom Cloud <cloud at peaches.ph.utexas>

That's a very good idea, but I don't have an injector or a test bench
(yet) to try it out on.  I'm on a super fixed budged for this research
project, and I'd hate to end up with an injector I couldn't use.  (I'm
doing some calculations to see if a device I came up with is viable.)

Now that I know the CC/Min spec is for a wide open injector, I'll buy
the appropriate injector, and calibrate my device's firing time/output
with a graduated cylinder.

Thanks for the quick turn around on my question!!

Jason Walters
jasonw at teleport.com