FW: DIY Traction Control?

dzorde at aesprodata.com.au dzorde at aesprodata.com.au
Wed Oct 9 00:19:36 GMT 1996

     This is only cutting fuel to the cylinder at the moment, I haven't got
     the ignition side connected yet, so I don't know if it would also cuts
     spark (don't think so).  Anyway I'm using the AEMS Wolf 3D unit (there
     you go Rob, a little plug for you if you are still on the list).

     There is no feature for setting a soft cut-out, but it may be in the
     algorithm (Rob send me a mail if you are still there).  Apart from
     this minor hitch the system is very good.  I now have it set just
     above where I change gears, so I just keep an eye on the tacho and
     change before I hit the limiter.

     Although, I went for a drive in a friends VR Commodore Wagon (GMH
     product for those not in AU or NZ), a '94 model, 3.8L V6.  And when he
     hit the rev limiter, it was the same feeling.  So obviously car
     manufacturers don't seem to worried about this.

     Dan        dzorde at aesprodata.com.au