Using pc parts

Thor Johnson johnsont at falcon.mercer.edu
Thu Oct 10 01:11:25 GMT 1996

On Wed, 9 Oct 1996, George M. Dailey wrote:

[mucho snippage]

> So, what's available for those fancy graphical interfaces in a PC controlled
> i/o system?

  I was planning to use LabView (cost mucho dollars... but check out the
alliance discount).  Has one of the easiest to use interfaces out
there... Not only that, but is really nifty as a programmming method.

Drawbacks:
  1. For big things, you need BIG computer.  (Runse under Windows)
  2. Cost.. $2K.  But for a $100 alliance membership, you get 40% off (I
     think).

                Thor Johnson
       johnsont at falcon.mercer.peachnet.edu
   http://falcon.mercer.peachnet.edu/~johnsont