Which TBI system to use?

Peter Orban peter at amtsg6.ime.nrc.ca
Thu Oct 10 19:51:41 GMT 1996

> From: cloud at hagar.ph.utexas.edu (tom cloud)
> Date: Wed, 9 Oct 1996 07:49:21 -0500
> Subject: Re: Using pc parts

> That's why, in another post on a diff. thread (I think), I asked for
> discussion about modifying OEM EFI controllers.  Seems like that may
> be the most efficient, quickest, satisfying way to go.

I am also thinking about putting an EFI system on one of my older cars. It is a
carburated Renault 18. I would think that a TBI system would be the easiest to
adapt (for port injection I would need the hemi head from an 18i). I am also
more familiar with Motorola microcontrollers. So what car should I scavenge at
a junk yard, with about same size engine (1.7L), TBI, and Motorola based
controller?

Thanks, Peter

Peter E. Orban
National Research Council of Canada