Which TBI system to use?

Mark Reichert markr at eye.com
Thu Oct 10 20:13:46 GMT 1996

Hi Peter,

> I am also thinking about putting an EFI system on one of my older
> cars. It is a carburated Renault 18.

If the engine is an 843 (crossflow head, 1.6L). Then you should be able
to find the parts for a Bosch L-Jet injection system. These were
available on some R18's. Also, some other cars with very similar
systems would be the R17 and Fuego. The R-17 setup doesn't use
an oxygen sensor. I've put one of these on a renault engine in my
Lotus Europa. I think of it as a good testbed for future DIY
improvements - all the pieces are there, and they just bolt right
up (well, you might have to tap a fitting for a temperature sensor).

If I can be of any help, feel free to ask.

Mark Reichert
markr at eye.com