drive-by-wire

hoss karoly timothy at bekes.hungary.net
Fri Oct 11 02:18:11 GMT 1996

dzorde at aesprodata.com.au wrote:

>      Could you elaborate on this, it sounds like a brilliant idea, but how
>      does it interface to the original system ? and what is the original
>      system ?  Does the pump operate a slave cylinder that operates the
>      release arm in the gearbox ?
>
>      I can see the idea, but I can't picture how the pump connects to the
>      system and operates.

it's VERY simple (so even I can make it) :)
the orig sys is a cable operated one
so the cable is PULLED by the lever
my cylinder PUSHES the release arm thus lowering the force on the cable
it's not connected to the arm so if it's out of order everything worx
fine
the only problem I can see is the speed
if it's fast it can start oscillating
if it's slow the whole thing does nothing when really needed
bye
charley