GM EGR

Terry Hartman txhartma at spdmail.spd.dsccc.com
Wed Oct 16 12:46:44 GMT 1996

> From: Jennifer Rose <javer96 at snowcrest.net>

> EGR valve in this system is a negative back pressure valve. Believe EGR
> depends on back pressure from exhuast system to work correctly. Since my pu
> is dual exhuast with out cats, back pressure probaly nil. Just need to
> increase back pressure :( or fiqure how to change valve. So don't throw your
> valve away yet.

I haven't looked up the code 32 yet, but on your EGR valve there should
be a little "heat sensor".  If the ECM commands EGR and this sensor doesn't
pick-up any heat - then it thinks that the EGR valve isn't working...

Accel makes a block-off plate for their intake manifolds that could
be used to block off the EGR valve if you want to remove it.  Then
just drill and tap a hole for this heat switch into the block off
plate on the hot(exhaust side) and plug the vaccuum line from the
EGR solenoid.  Of course, this isn't emissions legal at all...
I don't know if Accel offers this block-off plate for sell separately.

good luck,

T.
--
Terry Hartman           voice:(972) 519-2920
txhartma at spd.dsccc.com

"Question authority, but raise your hand first."