Gm Controllers

Terry Hartman txhartma at spdmail.spd.dsccc.com
Wed Oct 16 12:49:59 GMT 1996

> From: peter paul fenske <pfenske at direct.ca>

> When a TPI vehicle is run without a cat, perhaps souped up a bit with headers
> it will tend to run lean in open loop modes. These are wot and start, and
warmup
> modes. If you want to fix this you can enrichen the mix by increasing the
> fuel pressure to about 50 PSI. Closed loop should easily handle this with
> the block learn.

This is EXACTLY what I had to do (set the FP to 50psi).  I just had my
car rear-wheel-dyno'd on a DynoJet chassis dyno and I went in with the
FP set to 47.  Just by turning the FP up to 50 I gained 10lb/ft of
torque and like 8-10 hp....  Power was up accross the band as well...

T.
--
Terry Hartman           voice:(972) 519-2920
txhartma at spd.dsccc.com

"Question authority, but raise your hand first."