conversion factors

Stephen Dubovsky dubovsky at vt.edu
Thu Oct 17 20:49:35 GMT 1996

At 11:35 AM 10/17/96 -0700, you wrote:
>What are the conversions between the various pressure measurement units,
>e.g., kPa to PSI and what are the definitions of the units, e.g., PSI=pounds
>per square inch?  me

  The easiest way to deal in US/metric units is to use something like
MathCAD.  It has built in conversions for almost everything (and is handy
for alot of other calculations).  So here is what it said:

1 atm = 14.696 psi
      = 101.325 kPa
      = 29.921 in_Hg
      = 760.002 torr (= mm_Hg = mbar)
      = 1.013*10^5*kg/(m*s^2)
I dont have the conversion for in_H2O...  (although is can be converted from
in_Hg if you have enough info about each)